Monday, February 11, 2008

Blouse #2 - Getting There

So, here's my second blouse.



I like it. But you know what it's like when you make something; you only ever see the mistakes you've made. So, here is all I see when I look at it.

The collar. Oy. That was the hard part of this blouse. It doesn't stand up right, and you can see the stitching by the front facing. I ripped it out about 3 times, but finally left it alone. The fabric was starting to unweave.

The front facing. At the top, I just didn't understand what I was supposed to do. I just "winged" it. And, well, it looks it.

The sleeve caps. They're supposed to be gathered. One looks kind of gathered. The other looks tucked.

Other than that, I like it. I like the stiffness of the fabric. A japanese import fabric from Purl Patchwork. It works for me. And, I couldn't believe I found buttons that matched the gold perfectly. That made me happy. And I like the sleeves. They're pretty without being all ruffly.



I've got a lot to learn, and a long way to go. But, I've got some other patterns in mind and fabric ready to go.

2 comments:

jenclair said...

Love the blouses and really enjoyed visiting your blog!

Marcia said...

Great blouse!

I see you have a pug....check out this link for a cute little embroidery http://www.homeberries.com/index.html