Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Sock it to me

Here are the lovely socks I received from my Sock Exchange partner.



Aren't they lovely? And so cozy too. Just in time for this chilly spell we're having here in NYC. It got down into the 50's last night, and we're to enjoy autumn-like weather for the next couple of days. My exchange partner used ShibuiKnits Sock Yarn and absolutely loves it and highly recommends it.

You can see I've broken them in already. Dog hair is covering the soles like an added layer of warmth.

In the meantime, I've been given another project by Shirley Paden that will appear in Vogue Knitting's Winter issue. I'm quite excited about the project as I've learned loads already. It's going to be another spectacular creation from her. Since designing is such a work-as-you-go process, I've had a few spare moments inbetween stages to work on other things. So, I started the Glynis Socks from Cookie A.'s Sock Innovation. Thankfully, Interweave's site has the erratas for this pattern on a PDF.



One down, one to go. I just love this Koigu cornflower blue. It makes me happy to look down at my right foot.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

beautiful socks!!!

Marfa (formula for a life) said...

I love those socks. They look quite cozy. I'm a beginning knitter, but I use the knifty knitters looms. I don't think that I can make those kinds of socks on looms. If you have the pattern, let me know. Thanks!