Thursday, May 29, 2008

New kicks: Don't hate

I wasn't going to let something like jury duty get me down.

On this glorious day, during our lunch break, I strolled into Soho and stopped into Opening Ceremony - a boutique that is generally too cool for school. I started to get bored flipping through racks of clothing made for people who have nothing better to do than, well... shop in Soho during the weekday.

But wait! What was this? In the sea of black micropolyblendedviscosecyanide pleated high-waisted short shorts, I spied some floral print as I rounded the first display. Liberty of London? As I got closer I realized they were Nike's!



Of course, I had to buy them.



I haven't worn high-top sneakers since the 8th grade when those velcro Reebok's were the sh**. I'm sure I'll look dumb as heck walking around in these, but I don't care! I love them! So what do the kids do these days? Tie or untie? I should go all the way and dig out my E.G. socks and peg the legs of my jeans.

I can't wait to brighten up that dreary jury duty waiting room tomorrow with these guys.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

OH. MY. GOD. Those are fierce!

Fer said...

Oh wow, they're the best!!!!

They'd look great with a long-ish skirt that stops a few inches short. You HAVE to show them off! :o)

Mymsie said...

♥ ♥ ♥

Anonymous said...

HA! That's awesome. Sorry about jury duty, though.