Thursday, December 06, 2007

Good Distractions

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend away. The Migglesworth and I planned a quick getaway to Audrey's Farmhouse, a dog-friendly bed & breakfast near New Paltz, NY. Not only was it the absolute friendliest place I had ever been, but it was breathtakingly scenic. I suppose that's one of the greatest things about living in a city: you really appreciate landscape, nature and space. So, on top of the homemade brownies, cookies and 5-course breakfasts I gluttonized, we awoke Sunday morning to the first snow of the season. My absolute favorite season of the year is Winter. Call me crazy, but there's nothing more intricately beautiful than bare trees... and with snow sprinkled on them? It just doesn't get any better.


Brigitte was joined by Dozer a French Bulldog from Brooklyn who was just the sweetest little guy ever. She enjoyed all the attention, the romp in the snow and best of all - warming up in front of the fireplace.


I thought I'd be able to get a lot of knitting done on my cardigan at this country getaway, but with some poor lighting and distractingly good conversation not only did I didn't get much done, but I kinda screwed up one of my cables.


But, I chalked it up to my first time cabling without that cable needle, which by the way is the best thing ever. If you use a cable needle? Throw it away! It's very freeing and makes the whole experience fun and uncumbersome.

No comments: