Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Pom-Pom Patheticus


Oh dear. The pom-pom didn't come out quite right, now did it. But the hat is pretty darn cute. Started on circular needles, and moved over to the double-pointed needles. Used Blue Sky Alpaca's Organic Cotton for a knubby natural feeling. It was a little tough to work with. Like knitting with a pulled out cotton ball. But, the hat is so soft-feeling. I love it.

Used a pattern from "Last-Minute Knitted Gifts". Of course I had to buy it. The picture of that quaint little green knitted pouch on the cover is almost offering you money to buy it. The pattern is really for a little girl, and my hat's for a boy. So, I skipped the bow part, and added the pom-pom. I should get one of those pom-pom makers. This one's sad looking. I'm using it anyway.

No comments: