Thursday, April 12, 2007

Queen of Cups Socks

I just love the name of these socks from Knitty.com. I finally finished them as I kept getting distracted, and they're kinda cute. I like 'em. I don't wear socks though, but I'm putting these babies on. And I tried taking photos of them on the foot, but they just looked better on their own. You can see the pattern more clearly.


Here's a close-up... you can tell the sock on the left is the second one I did. I made a lot of mistakes in the pattern on the first sock. I think I'm going to learn my lesson, for once, and practice the pattern before jumping right into the project next time.


And last night in crochet class, we started to incorporate beads into our work. Oh the possibilities! So I came home and started a very simple cord/necklace thingy just for the exercise of it. I'm still an awful crocheter. It's terribly embarrassing.


I'm using a 1.8mm crochet hook and size 10 crochet thread with some glass seed beads I found. At least I can put these beads to good use now instead of randomly throwing them onto socks.

No comments: